I have created this post as a Wiki which means that anyone on the forum can edit and add to it themselves. I will try to keep it tidy, but otherwise see how it develops. For more information about how to use the Wiki post have a look at this topic on the Discourse official forum.
The purpose of this post is to help organise the different threads and posts and links about the PowerShaper that already exist on the forum.
PowerShaper Community Wiki
Please add in links to useful threads and posts and links in the categories below. If the category you want doesn’t exist just create it!
The HEMS is a Raspberry Pi powered Home Energy Monitoring System. This system connects your smart home devices and allows you to create powerful automations as well as monitoring dashboards. This is also the device which connects to our system to support the flexibility of the electricity grid.
- HEMS User Guide - a basic user guide about how to access your HEMS interface. Created by the PowerShaper team.
- Home Assistant Documentation - the HEMS is built on top of the Home Assistant project. The largest open-source community project in the world.
- Home Assistant Forum - There is a massive community of resources and information out there around Home Assistant, much of which will apply to the HEMS.
On the forum
- HEMS Default Interface - for questions, issues or suggestions around the default dashboard on the HEMS.
- Home Assistant Show and Tell - share your custom HEMS or Home Assistant dashboard or take a look at what other people have created for inspiration.
- HEMS and the Octopus Agile Tariff - the January 2021 HEMS update saw the integration of Octopus Agile tariff monitoring
- HEMS remote access - information about how you might configure your HEMS to be accessed away from your home network.
- Linking the HEMS and Tasmota devices - this thread might be useful for people looking to integrate a wide range of devices to the HEMS with MQTT
EmonEVSE electric vehicle charger
PowerShaper participants with EV chargers will have had an EmonEVSE charger installed. This open-source hardware has a high-level of interoperability
PowerShaper EV charger user guide - a basic user guide designed for PowerShaper users with the EmonEVSE.
OpenEnergyMonitor - the EmonEVSE was developed by OpenEnergyMonitor with OpenEVSE and their website has a great collection of resources and information about the system.
OpenEnergyMonitor community - the open energy monitor community is a great place for the more advanced questions about the EmonEVSE system.
On the forum
- EVSE Control Charge Rate - a topic created around how to control the charge rate on the EmonEVSE against solar output.
Shelly relay switch and immersion heaters
For PowerShaper users with connected immersion heaters they are controlled by a ShellyEM wifi connected relay switch.
- PowerShaper relay controller user guide - a simple guide to the relay controller from the PowerShaper team.
- ShellyEM user manual - The official Shelly user manual for the relay controller.
Help make this Wiki better!
Please feel free to contribute directly to this wiki (just click the edit button at the bottom!) with things and links you have found useful. If you have ideas about how this could be better organised, or think something major is missing or just have an idea about making this better - share your ideas below!