Home Assistant Show and Tell

For those interested in this thread the EcoHomeLab meet-up next Thursday may well be of interest and relevant EcoHome Lab: Using sensor data to calculate energy performance | Meetup

2 Likes

I’ve just read @matt’s blog post and been on a buying spree - 8 sensors, a Zigbee sniffer thing and some new SD cards for a few spare Raspberry Pis I’ve got hanging around. Thanks @matt for linking to each product, it’s a bit overwhelming otherwise. Very helpful!

One question: can I install InfluxDB / Grafana on the HEMS provided by Powershaper or should/must I do it on a separate Pi?

2 Likes

Good Luck - I had lots of fun setting Home Assistant and a load of temp / monitor sensors up, also some smart switches. NB: If it says anywhere “you might need to…” then it means “you MUST…” :wink:

A beginners question I suspect: I am a Powershaper participant, so have Home Assistant on my Home Energy Management System (HEMS) box which is part of the Powershaper setup. And rightly or wrongly I have found and have downloaded the Home Assistant App onto my mobile, in case I can use that. But when I connect my mobile to the HEMS wireless network and then open the App, it says it can’t find Home Assistant. An option for Manual Configuration appears (in fact I can’t now get rid of that when I open the App). It asks for my “Home Assistant URL, of the format HTTP://homeassistant.local:8123 - that is, containing a scheme/protocol, hostname and port”. Can anyone suggest what this URL should be I wonder, or else what I need to do to enable the App automatically to find my Home Assistant?

I think for your system it will be:
http://192.168.1.112 - assuming you are connected to your home WiFi network (not the carbon-coop-hems WiFi)

1 Like

@zapaman Dom - How did you get the Forecast.Solar integration installed into your Home Assistant? or does it need to be added by @Ben or one of his team?

Dom has been moved over to the new version of the HEMS we will be using in next project. You are probably the next person on list for switching over Peter im just sorting out a few things with it so that its on a par with the existing HEMS. Once you are moved over you can just install this integration through the user interface. We will also be providing solar forecasts from a separate service in a different part of the management system which will be available in HA.

Sound Good @ben Look foward to trying it out.

Hi Ben, add me to that list - my tesla(car) integration stopped working, but I know it is fixed in the current version of HA, so just need the core update so I can start using it again. Any progress on those power monitors?

Yeah sorry its taking so long. Everything is on a go slow here atm because our office is being renovated and all our stuff is in the storage room which means it takes even longer to do anything. I have all parts now. Hoping to get back in this week and return to something like normal.

Am using the Hive integration to get boiler info into HEMS/RESCoop, but can’t figure out how to get this info into Influx for longer term monitoring. Does anyone know how I can do this?

How did you get the Hive integration working? do you have another instance of Home assistant, or do you have it working on the HEMS?

A while ago I was trying to use a beta Hive integration, which wasn’t compatible with the latest version of HA. But now there is a standard HA integration that works on my setup. See Hive - Home Assistant. Just needed to enter my Hive account username/password and it started reporting.

A month or more ago the Home Assistant Hive integration (which I was using on HEMS) stopped working. I tried reinstalling it but HA couldn’t seem to log in to the account using my gmail address. Around the same time I’d started getting warnings from gmail that they were introducing 2FA. I tried following some instructions to allow apps to log on but couldn’t get that to work either. Came back to it today and changed my email address with Hive (needed a phone call…) to a non gmail one and hey presto I now have Hive data going into HEMS.

It is annoying that other changes stop things like this working, but we will persivere!

Hi all,

Really pleased to see Home Assistant being used by so many here. Have been using for a few years now and think it’s a great solution.

I’ve now got mine set up with full energy monitoring, controlling my Hybrid solar inverter, and deciding how much/when to charge the batteries, plus controlling my MVHR system a few appliances and lights, and security cameras. Can share more if anyone is interested.

Sadly, the Hive integration has stopped working again:(
Reinstalled the integration.
Restarted the HEMS.
Still no joy.
error logs indicate it’s a problem trying to REFRESH_TOKEN, invalid type for AuthParameters.
Looks like the Hive interface has changed again. Grrr.
Is anyone else using Hive integration with HEMS having problems?

I’m very interested in MVHR monitoring or control. Using (but really undersign) Homeassistant presently. Hoping to make it to the session, or if all else fails watch the recording.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to revive this thread and share my setup. The main things I’ve integrated (with some help!) are:

Solar Edge Inverter
Sonnen Eco 9.43 Battery
Philips Hue lights
Temperature sensors

I’ve rearranged the dashboard to make the layout work for me, here’s a list of what works and what I’d like to improve:

Works well:
Hue integration, temperature sensors,

What I’d like to improve:
Solar Edge currently works via the SE API/Servers, I’ve discovered there is a way to do this locally using MQTT but not sat down and got my head into this yet.
Sonnen integration works well in ‘read’ mode, i.e. I can see all the data from the battery. I’d also like to add a switch to my dashboard to change the batteries mode (i.e. from solar storage, to off-peak charge, to manual charge/discharge).

Anyway, here’s my setup!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes