PowerShaper Monitor launch! ⚡

Just today we have launched our new service PowerShaper Monitor. This is essentially an opening up of our Smart Meter Service for members. With PowerShaper Monitor anyone with a smart meter should be able see and use their smart meter data for a small annual fee.

For Carbon Co-op members, and existing PowerShaper users you will continue to have free access to your smart meter data through our service, but hopefully you will see some improvements to the dashboard, and additional features in the future.

The reason we are doing this is so that more people can take advantage of their smart meter, regardless of whether you are a Carbon Co-op member or not. The fee will help to cover the cost we have to pay to access the data, and to help make the service sustainable with future features being developed.

Whether your are already a smart meter service user already or new to our work with smart meters we would love to hear your thoughts and please give our social media posts a like/share! :point_down::point_down::point_down:

https://www.facebook.com/carboncoop/posts/3873160992789885

Matt how does this differ from the data on the Hub.

Ian

Hi Ian, this at the moment there isn’t a huge difference, and it should be a bit of an upgrade to the previous experience on the hub, with a more user friendly interface and a new branding.

The major change at this stage is that it is now available for non carbon co-op members to use for £12/year. Non-members can consent their meter at powershaper.io

In the future we have plans for other improvements and new features which will be available to all users and we hope having a wider audience will help to keep the service sustainable in terms of data access costs as well as the future development plans.

Matt to be honest I prefer the hub version as I can see both elec and gas on the same screen.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, this is definitely useful to hear, and we will make sure bear this in mind as we continue working on the new interface. This definitely isn’t a case of set-and-forget so we will be taking this all on-board and reviewing everything again soon.

Hi Ian - I’d be interested to know more about this: what was it that you liked about having both graphs on the same page? Was there some additional insight that you could get from seeing both profiles at once? Or was it just good to have all the information available at once? Keen to hear from others on this too.

We are planning a lot more development to the service so we are very interested in what people have found or would find useful from the interface.

Obviously we hope most people will find it an improvement: the new viewer has a more intuitive time period navigation (no more 13-month years!) as well as the ability to define custom time ranges, and next-previous navigation will be released imminently.

We have got around to getting Smart meters from Octopus & they should be fully operational soon. What is the next step for a Carbon CoOp members to sign up?
Regards. Kit

Hey Kit, as a Carbon Co-op member the process should be pretty straightforward. All you should need to do is follow this think for PowerShaper Monitor from the Carbon Co-op Members’ Hub and follow the instructions there to give it a go!

Let me know if you run into any difficulties.

@mattfranklin , with the new functionality I thought I’d try again to add my export MPAN. No luck. Is there a new link I could try?

All good, just wondering if there is a way to use this if you don’t have an in home display. When my new Smart Meter was installed, it was too far away from my house (its in a farm shed!) so they didn’t leave me a home display as it wouldn’t have worked…?