HEMS Default Interface

Hi @peter (and @ben)

As my own Pi’s SD card won’t boot up* I’m trying to add my raspbee2 to the HEMS using the deConz integration, but get the error:

raspbee-deconz-integration-error

Any ideas?

I previously had to these two lines to the config.txt file to get the raspbee2 working on my Pi4, so have done this to the same file on the HEMS:

enable_uart=1
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt

As HEMS is running from a Balena image, and you seem to have had similar issues, I’m wondering if you can help?

Thanks
John

*if anyone else has been able to recover from a boot partition failure I’d be keen to hear how they did it.

deconz runs in a separate process normally so it needs to be setup separately to HA. Last year we were experimenting with it , zigbee2mqtt, and ZHA. We have ended up using ZHA as that seems to be direction of travel wrt HA and Zigbee. But we did have deconz working on some test devices based on balena so it is possible.

ZHA should be compatible with raspbee 2. We have tested it on the new version of HEMS but its possible it may not work on the one you are using. Can you give that a try and post back here. We could move you over to new build early .

Thanks for the reply @ben . I tried the ZHA integration but, when I pick deCONZ as the radio type, the drop down for serial path is empty. Trying different combinations of /dev/ttyAMC0 etc fail.
The new build sounds interesting any chance of trying it out? :slight_smile:

@ben a little aside to this, but regarding Zigbee. I have a bunch of zigbee devices connected to my Smartthings Hub currently. Do you know if there is a way I can keep that link, but have HA listen out for those devices as well?

Currently I only have Tasmota devices that are able to talk to Smartthings and HA at the same time.