EVSE Control charge rate

Hi Peter, to answer your questions,

1. I can control the Powerwall though the HEMS due to a community plugin that was written and then updated to work with the HEMS by Peter of the CCOOP team. This is obviously only specific to Tesla powerwalls. There was a standard integration however that could read the powerwall already part of the Home assistant Core.

2. The EVSE has current control directly built in. It allows you to pick any charging current between 1A and 32A. I am using Home Assistant to tell the EVSE what current to use, as part of the Automations

3. Same cable, no unplugging necessary, type 2 cables can run all the way up to 45ish kW on some, as long as the car’s onboard charger can handle it. Mine can take up to 11kW AC. 32A is only 7.6kW (32x240).
    Depending on which model leaf you have, the same should apply.

4. I currently use IFTTT for my solar forecasting, but looking forward to integrating the solar forecasting properly into the HEMS. @ben more than happy to help test it out!

5. The powerwall has 3 different modes which can be toggled via the HEMS or the App
    Backup only: which fully charges the powerwall and doesn’t power the house except in the case of a grid outage - useful when you want to force the battery to charge off the grid no matter the situation.
    Self powered: as you described from your setup, house draws from the solar, then battery, then grid if required.
    Time control: Time based control that automatically switches between drawing from the grid and not - basically a time based variant of the two above.